Education, Training, & Certifications
Duke Appointment History
In the News
APR 20, 2017
MAY 1, 2014 In These Times
- Publications & Artistic Works
- Weeks, K. The Problem with Work: Feminism, Marxism, Antiwork Politics and Postwork Imaginaries. Duke University Press, 2011.
- Jameson, F. The Jameson Reader. Edited by M Hardt and K Weeks. Blackwell Publishing, July 13, 2000.
- Weeks, K. Constituting Feminist Subjects. Ithaca: Cornell University, 1998.
- Jazwinski, SM, and Yashin, AI. "Introduction." vii-xii. October 9, 2014.
- Weeks, K. "Reencountering Marxist Feminism." In Women's Oppression Today, edited by M Barrett and M Barrett, ix-xix. Verso Books, August 12, 2014. (Foreword)
- Weeks, K. "Timely and Untimely Utopianism (In preparation)." In Demand the Impossible: Science Fiction and the Utopian Imagination, 248-250. Oxford: Peter Lang, 2014. (Notes)
- Weeks, K. "The Refusal of Work as Demand and Perspective." In Resistance in Practice: The Philosophy of Antonio Negri, edited by T Murphy and A-K Mustapha, 109-135. Pluto, 2005.
- Weeks, K. "'Labor, Standpoints, and Feminist Subjects,' Selection from Constituting Feminist Subjects." In The Feminist Standpoint Theory Reader, edited by S Harding. 181-193. New York: Routledge, 2004.
- Weeks, K. "Subject for a Feminist Standpoint." In Marxism Beyond Marxism, edited by S Makdisi, C Casarino, and R Karl. New York: Routledge, 1996.
- Weeks, K. "Feminist Standpoint Theories and the Return of Labor." In Marxism in the Postmodern Age: Confronting the New World Order, edited by A Callari, C Biewener, and S Cullenberg. New York: Guilford Publications, January 1995.
- Weeks, K. "The Vanishing Dialectic : Shulamith Firestone and the Future of the Feminist 1970s." South Atlantic Quarterly 114, no. 4 (October 2015): 735-754. Full Text
- Weeks, K. "The Vanishing Dialectic: Shulamith Firestone and the Future of the Feminist 1970s (Accepted)." South Atlantic Quarterly (2015).
- Weeks, K. "The Critical Manifesto: Marx-Engels, Haraway, and Utopian Politics." Utopian studies 24 (2013): 216-231.
- Weeks, K. "Pedagogies of the Common." Rethinking Marxism 22 (September 2009): 458-462.
- Weeks, K. ""Hours for What We Will": Work, Family, and the Movement for Shorter Hours." FEMINIST STUDIES 35, no. 1 (2009): 101-127. Link to Item
- Weeks, K. "Life within and Against Work: Affective Labor, Feminist Critique, and Post-Fordist Politics." Ephemera: Theory & Politics in Organization 7 (February 2007): 233-249.
- Weeks, K. "Review of At the Heart of Freedom: Feminism, Sex, and Equality by Drucilla Cornell and Justice Interruptus: Critical Reflections on the "Postsocialist" Condition by Nancy Fraser." SIGNS 27 (2000): 1173-1176. (Academic Article)
- Weeks, K. "Imagining Non-Work." Social Text Periscope (2013).
- Weeks, K. "A Brief Bibliography of Critical Feminist Responses to Postmodernism." The American Philosophical Association Newsletter on Feminism and Philosophy 91, no. 2 (Fall) (1992).
- Teaching & Mentoring
- GSF 199S: Thinking Gender: An Introduction to Feminist Theory 2017
- GSF 295S: Sex Work: The Politics of Sexual Labor 2017
- GSF 361: Money, Sex, Power 2017
- GSF 601S: Debates in Women's Studies 2017
- LIT 295S: Sex Work: The Politics of Sexual Labor 2017
- SOCIOL 295S: Sex Work: The Politics of Sexual Labor 2017
- SXL 295S: Sex Work: The Politics of Sexual Labor 2017
- ICS 367: Gender and Political Theory 2015
- POLSCI 383: Gender and Political Theory 2015
- WOMENST 199S: Thinking Gender: An Introduction to Feminist Theory 2015
- WOMENST 360S: Feminist Activism: Social Movements 2015
- WOMENST 365: Gender and Political Theory 2015
- WOMENST 601S: Debates in Women's Studies 2015
Some information on this profile has been compiled automatically from Duke databases and external sources. (Our About page explains how this works.) If you see a problem with the information, please write to Scholars@Duke and let us know. We will reply promptly.