- HIPAA and other regulatory systems and their impact on Research
- Patient Privacy
- Evaluation of outcomes in cardiac surgical patients.
- Validate statistical models of short and long term outcome of patients with IHD in non-academic databases.
- Developing methods to present these evaluations so that they can be incorporated into patient care activities on an ongoing basis.
- To understand the variability in the utilization of medical care services in ischemic heart disease (IHD).
- Methods to link data from clinical and research databases to effectively use the data for both purposes.
Current Appointments & Affiliations
Associate Professor Emeritus of Biostatistics & Bioinformatics · 2019 - Present Biostatistics & Bioinformatics, Division of Biostatistics, Biostatistics & Bioinformatics
Education, Training & Certifications
University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill · 1981 Ph.D.