Education, Training, & Certifications
- M.D., University of Kentucky College of Medicine 2006
Duke Appointment History
- Publications & Artistic Works
- van den Boom, W, Schroeder, RA, Manning, MW, Setji, TL, Fiestan, G-O, and Dunson, DB. "Effect of A1C and Glucose on Postoperative Mortality in Noncardiac and Cardiac Surgeries. (Accepted)" April 2018. Full Text
- Williams, DGA, Sandler, AJ, Koepke, E, Manning, EL, Miller, TE, and Manning, MW. "Fluid Management in the Elderly." Current Anesthesiology Reports 7, no. 4 (December 2017): 357-363. Full Text
- Suresh, V, Bishawi, M, Manning, MW, Patel, C, Rogers, J, Milano, C, Schroder, J, Daneshmand, M, and Powers, D. "Management of Patients With Left Ventricular Assist Devices Requiring Teeth Extraction: Is Halting Anticoagulation Appropriate?." Journal of oral and maxillofacial surgery : official journal of the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (October 31, 2017). Full Text
- Karhausen, JA, Smeltz, AM, Akushevich, I, Cooter, M, Podgoreanu, MV, Stafford-Smith, M, Martinelli, SM, Fontes, ML, and Kertai, MD. "Platelet Counts and Postoperative Stroke After Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting Surgery." Anesthesia and analgesia 125, no. 4 (October 2017): 1129-1139. Full Text Open Access Copy
- Manning, MW, Dunkman, WJ, and Miller, TE. "Perioperative fluid and hemodynamic management within an enhanced recovery pathway." Journal of surgical oncology 116, no. 5 (October 2017): 592-600. (Review) Full Text
- Manning, MW, Garner, CR, and Teeter, EG. "Combining Angiotensin Converting Enzyme Inhibitors and Angiotensin Receptor Blocker for Clinical Decision-making Lacks Vision." Anesthesiology 127, no. 4 (October 2017): 720-721. (Letter) Full Text
- Kolarczyk, LM, Arora, H, Manning, MW, Zvara, DA, and Isaak, RS. "Defining Value-Based Care in Cardiac and Vascular Anesthesiology: The Past, Present, and Future of Perioperative Cardiovascular Care." Journal of cardiothoracic and vascular anesthesia (September 28, 2017). (Review) Full Text
- Manning, MW, Cooter, M, Mathew, J, Alexander, J, Peterson, E, Ferguson, TB, Lopes, R, and Podgoreanu, M. "Angiotensin Receptor Blockade Improves Cardiac Surgical Outcomes in Patients With Metabolic Syndrome." The Annals of thoracic surgery 104, no. 1 (July 2017): 98-105. Full Text
- Manning, MW, Cassis, LA, and Daugherty, A. "Differential effects of doxycycline, a broad-spectrum matrix metalloproteinase inhibitor, on angiotensin II-induced atherosclerosis and abdominal aortic aneurysms." Arteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology 23, no. 3 (2003): 483-488. Full Text
- Urbas, A, Manning, MW, Daugherty, A, Cassis, LA, and Lodder, RA. "Near-infrared spectrometry of abdominal aortic aneurysm in the ApoE-/- mouse." Analytical chemistry 75, no. 14 (2003): 3318-3323.
- Urbas, A, Manning, MW, Daugherty, A, Cassis, LA, and Lodder, RA. "Near-infrared spectrometry of abdominal aortic aneurysm in the ApoE-/- mouse." Analytical Chemistry 75, no. 14 (2003): 3650-3655. Full Text
- Manning, MW, Cassis, LA, Huang, J, Szilvassy, SJ, and Daugherty, A. "Abdominal aortic aneurysms: Fresh insights from a novel animal model of the disease." Vascular Medicine 7, no. 1 (2002): 45-54. Full Text
- Daugherty, A, Manning, MW, and Cassis, LA. "Antagonism of AT2 receptors augments Angiotensin II-induced abdominal aortic aneurysms and atherosclerosis." British Journal of Pharmacology 134, no. 4 (2001): 865-870. Full Text
- Cass, WA, Manning, MW, and Bailey, SL. "Restorative effects of GDNF on striatal dopamine release in rats treated with neurotoxic doses of methamphetamine." Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences 914 (2000): 127-136.
- Daugherty, A, Manning, MW, and Cassis, LA. "Angiotensin II promotes atherosclerotic lesions and aneurysms in apolipoprotein E-deficient mice." Journal of Clinical Investigation 105, no. 11 (2000): 1605-1612. Full Text
- Cass, WA, Walker, DJ, and Manning, MW. "Augmented methamphetamine-induced overflow of striatal dopamine 1 day after GDNF administration." Brain Research 827, no. 1-2 (1999): 104-112. Full Text
- Cass, WA, and Manning, MW. "Recovery of presynaptic dopaminergic functioning in rats treated with neurotoxic doses of methamphetamine." Journal of Neuroscience 19, no. 17 (1999): 7653-7660.
- Cass, WA, and Manning, MW. "GDNF protection against 6-OHDA-induced reductions in potassium-evoked overflow of striatal dopamine." Journal of Neuroscience 19, no. 4 (1999): 1416-1423.
- Cass, WA, Manning, MW, and Dugan, MT. "Effects of neurotoxic doses of methamphetamine on potassium and amphetamine evoked overflow of dopamine in the striatum of awake rats." Neuroscience Letters 248, no. 3 (1998): 175-178. Full Text
Some information on this profile has been compiled automatically from Duke databases and external sources. (Our About page explains how this works.) If you see a problem with the information, please write to Scholars@Duke and let us know. We will reply promptly.