Lecturer of Chinese Language at Duke Kunshan University
Yu Miao has a M.A. in Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages (TCSOL) from Northeast Normal University. Before joining DKU, she taught Chinese at Taylor University in the United States, Shaanxi Normal University, Xi’an Eurasia University, and Northeast Normal University. Miao’s primary focus in classroom instruction is to prepare students for real-life interaction with native speakers of Chinese.
Current Research Interests
- Interactive instruction
- Comprehension-led learning
- Cross-cultural communication
- Teaching material development
- Chinese language teacher training
Current Appointments & Affiliations
- Lecturer of Chinese Language at Duke Kunshan University, DKU Faculty, Duke Kunshan University 2020
Some information on this profile has been compiled automatically from Duke databases and external sources. (Our About page explains how this works.) If you see a problem with the information, please write to Scholars@Duke and let us know. We will reply promptly.