Education, Training, & Certifications
Duke Appointment History
In the News
AUG 9, 2016 CBS News
OCT 30, 2013 Durham Herald-Sun)
JUL 23, 2013 NBC “TODAY”
- Publications & Artistic Works
- Yang, NY, Wolever, RQ, Roberts, R, Perlman, A, Dolor, RJ, Abrams, DI, Ginsburg, GS, and Simmons, LA. "Integrative health care services utilization as a function of body mass index: A BraveNet practice-based research network study." Advances in Integrative Medicine 4, no. 1 (April 2017): 14-21. Full Text
- Perlman, A. "Helping People to Self-Actualize: Revising the Role and Goal of Our Healthcare System." Explore (New York, N.Y.) 13, no. 1 (January 2017): 6-8. Full Text
- Perlman, MD, MPH, A, Dreusicke, MD, M, Keever, BSN, RN, T, Ali, ND, MPH, and MHS, A. "Perceptions of Massage Therapists Participating in a Randomized Controlled Trial." International Journal of Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork: Research, Education, & Practice 8, no. 3 (September 12, 2015). Full Text
- Perlman, A. "Informed Mindfulness as the Foundation for Leadership." Explore (New York, N.Y.) 11, no. 4 (July 2015): 324-325. Full Text
- Wolever, RQ, Goel, NS, Roberts, RS, Caldwell, K, Kligler, B, Dusek, JA, Perlman, A, Dolor, R, and Abrams, DI. "Integrative Medicine Patients Have High Stress, Pain, and Psychological Symptoms." Explore (New York, N.Y.) 11, no. 4 (July 2015): 296-303. Full Text
- Juberg, M, Jerger, KK, Allen, KD, Dmitrieva, NO, Keever, T, and Perlman, AI. "Pilot study of massage in veterans with knee osteoarthritis." Journal of alternative and complementary medicine (New York, N.Y.) 21, no. 6 (June 2015): 333-338. Full Text
- Perlman, A, Horrigan, B, Goldblatt, E, Maizes, V, and Kligler, B. "The pebble in the pond: how integrative leadership can bring about transformation." Explore (New York, N.Y.) 10, no. 5 Suppl (September 2014): S1-14. Full Text
- Hazelton, G, Williams, JW, Wakefield, J, Perlman, A, Kraus, WE, and Wolever, RQ. "Psychosocial benefits of cardiac rehabilitation among women compared with men." Journal of Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation and Prevention 34, no. 1 (January 1, 2014): 21-28. Full Text
- Perlman, A, Horrigan, B, Goldblatt, E, Maizes, V, and Kligler, B. "The pebble in the pond: How integrative leadership can bring about transformation." Explore: The Journal of Science and Healing 10, no. 5 (2014): S1-S14. Full Text
- Perlman, A, Horrigan, B, Goldblatt, E, Maizes, V, and Kligler, B. "The Pebble in the Pond: How Integrative Leadership Can Bring About Transformation." Explore: The Journal of Science and Healing (2014). Full Text
- Perlman, AI, Lebow, DG, Raphael, K, Ali, A, and Simmons, LA. "A Point-of-Sale Communications Campaign to Provide Consumers Safety Information on Drug-Dietary Supplement Interactions: A Pilot Study." Health Communication 28, no. 7 (2013): 729-739. Full Text
- Perlman, AI, Lebow, DG, Raphael, K, Ali, A, and Simmons, LA. "A point-of-sale communications campaign to provide consumers safety information on drug-dietary supplement interactions: a pilot study." Health Commun 28, no. 7 (2013): 729-739. Full Text Link to Item
- Perlman, A, Lontok, O, Huhmann, M, Parrott, JS, Simmons, LA, and Patrick Miller, L. "Prevalence and correlates of post-diagnosis initiation of complementary and alternative medicine among patients at a comprehensive cancer center." Journal of Oncology Practice. (October 2012). (Academic Article) Full Text
- Ali, A, Kahn, J, Rosenberger, L, and Perlman, AI. "Development of a manualized protocol of massage therapy for clinical trials in osteoarthritis." Trials 13 (2012). Full Text
- Perlman, AI, Ali, A, Njike, VY, Hom, D, Davidi, A, Gould-Fogerite, S, Milak, C, and Katz, DL. "Massage therapy for osteoarthritis of the knee: a randomized dose-finding trial." PLoS One 7, no. 2 (2012): e30248-. Full Text Link to Item
- Sojcher, R, Fogerite, SG, and Perlman, A. "Evidence and potential mechanisms for mindfulness practices and energy psychology for obesity and binge-eating disorder." Explore: The Journal of Science and Healing 8, no. 5 (2012): 271-276. Full Text
- Glick, RM, Feldman, JB, Perlman, A, and Elam, R. "Pain relief report commended for highlighting self-management, integrative approaches." Journal of Pain 12, no. 11 (2011): 1197-1198. Full Text
- Rajbhandary, R, Bhangle, S, Patel, S, Sen, D, Perlman, A, and Panush, RS. "Perspectives About Complementary and Alternative Medicine in Rheumatology." Rheumatic Disease Clinics of North America 37, no. 1 (2011): 1-8. Full Text
- Perlman, A, and Stagnaro-Green, A. "Developing a complementary, alternative, and integrative medicine course: One medical school's experience." Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine 16, no. 5 (2010): 601-605. Full Text
- Perlman, AI, Worobey, J, Maillet, JO, Touger-Decker, R, Hom, DL, and Smith, JK. "Multivitamin/Mineral Supplementation Does Not Affect Standardized Assessment of Academic Performance in Elementary School Children." Journal of the American Dietetic Association 110, no. 7 (2010): 1089-1093. Full Text
- Sierpina, VS, and Perlman, A. "To the editor." Academic Medicine 85, no. 2 (2010): 185-186. Full Text
- Ali, A, Njike, VY, Northrup, V, Sabina, AB, Williams, A-L, Liberti, LS, Perlman, AI, Adelson, H, and Katz, DL. "Intravenous micronutrient therapy (Myers' Cocktail) for fibromyalgia: A placebo-controlled pilot study." Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine 15, no. 3 (2009): 247-257. Full Text
- Chen, KW, Perlman, A, Liao, JG, Lam, A, Staller, J, and Sigal, LH. "Effects of external qigong therapy on osteoarthritis of the knee." Clinical Rheumatology 27, no. 12 (2008): 1497-1505. Full Text
- Langevin, DD, Kwiatkowski, C, McKay, MG, Maillet, JO, Touger-Decker, R, Smith, JK, and Perlman, A. "Evaluation of Diet Quality and Weight Status of Children from a Low Socioeconomic Urban Environment Supports "At Risk" Classification." Journal of the American Dietetic Association 107, no. 11 (2007): 1973-1977. Full Text
- Perlman, AI, Sabina, A, Williams, A-L, Njike, VY, and Katz, DL. "Massage therapy for osteoarthritis of the knee: A randomized controlled trial." Archives of Internal Medicine 166, no. 22 (2006): 2533-2538. Full Text
- Singh, PC, Bryan, M, Shoor, RK, Das, K, Hameed, MR, Kapila, R, Perlman, A, and 3rd, JWN. "A twenty-six-year-old Trinidadian woman with dizziness, nausea, and vomiting." New Jersey medicine : the journal of the Medical Society of New Jersey 102, no. 1-2 (2005): 27-34.
- Mihailescu, V, Mihailescu, G, Perlman, AI, and Panush, RS. "Evolving approaches to management of osteoarthritis." Drug Benefit Trends 16, no. SUPPL. C (2004): 29-35.
- Pappas, S, and Perlman, A. "Complementary and alternative medicine: The importance of doctor-patient communication." Medical Clinics of North America 86, no. 1 (2002): 1-10. Full Text
- Perlman, A, and Panush, RS. "It's a dirty job but someone has to do it: Thoughts about mud and other complementary and alternative therapies." Journal of Clinical Rheumatology 8, no. 4 (2002): 187-188.
- Perlman, A. "Medical clinics of North America: Preface." Medical Clinics of North America 86, no. 1 (2002): xi-xiii. Full Text
- Perlman, AI. "Things do not get better by being left alone. The physician and complementary medicine." Journal of Rheumatology 27, no. 6 (2000): 1332-1333.
- Perlman, AI, Eisenberg, DM, and Panush, RS. "Talking with patients about alternative and complementary medicine." Rheumatic Disease Clinics of North America 25, no. 4 (1999): 815-822. Full Text
Some information on this profile has been compiled automatically from Duke databases and external sources. (Our About page explains how this works.) If you see a problem with the information, please write to Scholars@Duke and let us know. We will reply promptly.