Education, Training, & Certifications
Duke Appointment History
- Huntington'S Chorea: Studies Of Protein Glycosylation awarded by National Institutes of Health 1984 - 1985
- Publications & Artistic Works
- Tourian, AY. "The Biology of Huntington's Chorea." In Handbook of Neurochemistry: Pathological Neurochemistry, 225-239. Plenum Press, 1985. (Chapter)
- Tourian, AY. "Hepatolenticular Degeneration (Wilson's Disease)." In Cecil Textbook of Medicine, 1158-1160. W. B. Saunders Company, 1985. (Chapter)
- Tourian, AY, and Sidbury, J. "Phenylketonuria and Hyperphenylalaninemia." In The Metabolic Basis of Inherited Disease, 270-286. McGraw-Hill Inc., 1983. (Chapter) Full Text
- Tourian, AY, and Sidbury, J. "Phenylketonuria and Hyperphenylalaninemia." In The Metabolic Basis of Inherited Disease. McGraw-Hill Inc., 1978. (Chapter)
- DRESSER, LP, TOURIAN, AY, and ANTHONY, DC. "A CASE OF MYELINOCLASTIC DIFFUSE SCLEROSIS IN AN ADULT." NEUROLOGY 41, no. 2 (February 1991): 316-318. Full Text Link to Item
- Dresser, LP, Tourian, AY, and Anthony, DC. "A case of myelinoclastic diffuse sclerosis in an adult." Neurology 41, no. 2 ( Pt 1) (February 1991): 316-318. Link to Item
- Dresser, LP, Tourian, AY, and Anthony, DC. "A case of myelinoclastic diffuse sclerosis in an adult." Neurology 41, no. 2 (January 1, 1991): 316-318.
- Tourian, A, Iacono, R, Nashold, B, Urban, B, and Sanders, D. "Involuntary movements of the lower extremity following dorsal root entry zone lesions in a man treated for phantom limb pain." Applied Neurophysiology 51, no. 2-5 (January 1, 1988): 212-217.
- Iacono, RP, Linford, J, Tourian, A, and Sandyk, R. "Baclofen in the treatment of post-amputation autonomous stump movements." European neurology 26, no. 3 (January 1987): 141-144. Full Text
- Tourian, AY, and Hung, WY. "Fibroblasts in Huntington's disease." Arch Neurol 41, no. 3 (March 1984): 251-. (Letter) Link to Item
- Tourian, A, Callahan, M, and Hung, W. "l-Glutamine d-Fructose-6-P aminotransferase regulation by glucose-6-P and UDP-N-Acetylglucosamine." Neurochemical Research 8, no. 12 (December 1, 1983): 1589-1595. Full Text
- Callahan, M, Tourian, A, and Hung, WY. "A sensitive, specific radioisotope assay for l-glutamine-d-fructose-6-phosphate aminotransferase." Analytical Biochemistry 115, no. 2 (January 1, 1981): 347-352. Full Text
- Hung, WY, and Tourian, A. "Differential labelling of UDP-N-acetylglucosamine in Huntington's-chorea fibroblasts." Biochemical Journal 196, no. 2 (January 1, 1981): 495-498. Full Text Open Access Copy
- Hung, WY, Mold, DE, and Tourian, A. "Huntington's-chorea fibroblasts. Cellular protein glycosylation." Biochemical Journal 190, no. 3 (January 1, 1980): 711-719. Full Text
- Tourian, A, and Hung, WY. "Huntington's disease: membrane abnormalities and protein glycosylation." Progress in clinical and biological research 39 (January 1980): 195-204.
- Tourian, AY, and Hung, W. "Huntington's disease fibroblasts: nutritional and protein glyscosylation studies." Advances in Neurology 23 (1979): 371-386.
- Tourian, A, Johnson, RT, Burg, K, Nicolson, SW, and Sperling, K. "Transfer of human chromosomes via human minisegregant cells into mouse cells and the quantitation of the expression of hypoxanthine phosphoribosyltransferase in the hybrids." Journal of cell science 30 (April 1978): 193-209. Open Access Copy
- Tourian, A, and Hung, WY. "Membrane abnormalities of Huntington's Chorea fibroblasts in culture." Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications 78, no. 4 (October 24, 1977): 1296-1303. Full Text
- Tourian, A, and Hung, WY. "Glucosamine dependence of Huntington's chorea fibroblasts in culture." Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications 76, no. 2 (May 23, 1977): 345-353. Full Text
- Tourian, A. "The unique identity of rat hepatoma phenylalanine hydroxylase." Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications 68, no. 1 (January 12, 1976): 51-55. Full Text
- Tourian, A. "Control of phenylalanine hydroxylase synthesis in tissue culture by serum and insulin." Journal of Cellular Physiology 87, no. 1 (January 1, 1976): 15-23. Full Text
- Tourian, A, Treiman, L, and Abé, K. "Three Immunologically Distinct Isozymes of Phenylalanine Hydroxylase." Biochemistry 14, no. 18 (September 1, 1975): 4055-4060. Full Text
- Tourian, A. "The effect of serum factors and hormones on phenylalanine hydroxylase synthesis." TRANS.AMER.SOC.NEUROCHEM. 5, no. 1 (January 1, 1974): 127-.
- Treiman, DM, and Tourian, A. "Phenylalanine hydroxylase in dilute lethal mice." BBA - General Subjects 313, no. 1 (June 30, 1973): 163-169. Full Text
- Tourian, A. "Phenylalanine hydroxylase activity in foetal hepatic organ culture." BBA - Enzymology 309, no. 1 (May 5, 1973): 44-49. Full Text
- Tourian, A. "Control of liver and brain aromatic amino-acid metabolism by phenylalanine hydroxylase." Voprosy biokhimii mozga 8 (January 1973): 211-219.
- Tourian, A, Treiman, DM, and Carr, JS. "Developmental biology of hepatic phenylalanine hydroxylase activity in foetal and neonatal rats synchronized as to conception." BBA - General Subjects 279, no. 3 (October 25, 1972): 484-490. Full Text
- Tourian, AY. "Administration of 5-hydroxy-L-tryptophan to individuals with huntington’s chorea." Neurology 22, no. 11 (January 1, 1972): 1201-1204.
- Tourian, A. "Activation of phenylalanine hydroxylase by phenylalanine." BBA - Enzymology 242, no. 2 (August 20, 1971): 345-354. Full Text
- Tourian, A, Goddard, J, and Puck, TT. "Phenylalanine hydroxylase activity in mammalian cells." Journal of Cellular Physiology 73, no. 2 (January 1, 1969): 159-170. Full Text
- Scholarly, Clinical, & Service Activities
Presentations & Appearances
- Creativity: A Multidisciplinary Symposium. Institue of Learning in Retirement at Duke: OLLIE. 2014 - 2014 2014
- An Exploration of Art and the Brain. Institue of Learning in Retirement at Duke: OLLIE. January 2013 - March 2013 2013
- An Exploration of Art and the Brain. Institue of Learning in Retirement at Duke: OLLIE. September 2012 - September 2012 2012
- Advances in the Behavioral Neurosciences and the Arts: An Interdisciplinary Series with an Evolutionary Biology Perspective. Institue of Learning in Retirement at Duke: OLLIE. January 2012 - March 2012 2012
- The Communication of Emotion: Is Music the Language of Emotion?. Durham Music Teacher's Association Lecture. May 1993 1993
- Anthropological Development of Dancing and the Brain. June 1981 1981
- The Evolutionary Origin of Human Ethical Behavior. Philosophy of Science: Medical Student Monthly Seminars. 1981 - 1985 1981 - 1985
- The Central Control of Movement - An Evolutionary Approach. June 1980 1980
- Huntington's Disease: Membrane Abnormalities and Protein Glycosylation. Satellite Symposium. International Society of Neurochemistry. 1978 1978
- Control of Liver and Brain Aromatic Amino Acid Metabolism by Phenylalanine Hydroxylase. Symposium of Neurochemistry: Celebration of th e50th Anniversary of the Institute of Biochemistry. October 24, 1972 - October 30, 1972 1972
Service to the Profession
Some information on this profile has been compiled automatically from Duke databases and external sources. (Our About page explains how this works.) If you see a problem with the information, please write to Scholars@Duke and let us know. We will reply promptly.