David J. Zielinski is currently a technology specialist for the Duke University OIT Co-Lab (2021-present). Previously the Department of Art, Art History & Visual Studies (2018-2020) and the DiVE Virtual Reality Lab (video) (2004-2018), under the direction of Regis Kopper (2013-2018), Ryan P. McMahan (2012), and Rachael Brady (2004-2012). He received his bachelors (2002) and masters (2004) degrees in Computer Science from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, where he worked on a suite of virtual reality musical instruments (video) under the guidance of Bill Sherman. He is an experienced VR/AR software developer, researcher, and educator.
Current Research Interests
His current research interests include VR/AR musical instruments and Social VR. He has additional interests in audio synthesis, audio signal processing, and physical / embedded computing.
Current Appointments & Affiliations
- Analyst, IT, Art, Art History & Visual Studies, Trinity College of Arts & Sciences
- Analyst, IT, Information Science + Studies, Trinity College of Arts & Sciences
- Analyst, IT, Computational Media, Arts & Cultures, Trinity College of Arts & Sciences
- Box 104100, 300 Fuller Street, Durham, NC 27708
- firstname.lastname@example.org +1 919 684 2208
Some information on this profile has been compiled automatically from Duke databases and external sources. (Our About page explains how this works.) If you see a problem with the information, please write to Scholars@Duke and let us know. We will reply promptly.