Education, Training, & Certifications
Duke Appointment History
- Medical Instructor in the Department of Medicine, Medicine, Pulmonary, Allergy, and Critical Care Medicine, Medicine 2010 - 2011
- Publications & Artistic Works
- Ali, HA, Snyder, LD, Mahmood, K, Wahidi, MM, Argento, AC, Larrier, NA, and Shofer, SL. "High Dose Brachytherapy For Bronchial Stenosis In Lung Transplant Recipients." 2015. Link to Item
- Mahmood, K, Ebner, L, He, M, Robertson, SH, Wang, Z, McAdams, HP, Wahidi, MM, Shofer, SL, Huang, YT, and Driehuys, B. "Novel Magnetic Resonance Imaging for Assessment of Bronchial Stenosis in Lung Transplant Recipients." American journal of transplantation : official journal of the American Society of Transplantation and the American Society of Transplant Surgeons 17, no. 7 (July 2017): 1895-1904. Full Text
- Wahidi, MM, Reddy, C, Yarmus, L, Feller-Kopman, D, Musani, A, Shepherd, RW, Lee, H, Bechara, R, Lamb, C, Shofer, S, Mahmood, K, Michaud, G, Puchalski, J, Rafeq, S, Cattaneo, SM, Mullon, J, Leh, S, Mayse, M, Thomas, SM, Peterson, B, and Light, RW. "Randomized Trial of Pleural Fluid Drainage Frequency in Patients with Malignant Pleural Effusions. The ASAP Trial." American journal of respiratory and critical care medicine 195, no. 8 (April 2017): 1050-1057. Full Text
- Mahmood, K, and Wahidi, MM. "The Changing Role for Tracheostomy in Patients Requiring Mechanical Ventilation." Clinics in chest medicine 37, no. 4 (December 2016): 741-751. (Review) Full Text
- Mahmood, K, Kraft, BD, Glisinski, K, Hartwig, MG, Harlan, NP, Piantadosi, CA, and Shofer, SL. "Safety of hyperbaric oxygen therapy for management of central airway stenosis after lung transplant." Clinical transplantation 30, no. 9 (September 2016): 1134-1139. Full Text
- Sciurba, FC, Criner, GJ, Strange, C, Shah, PL, Michaud, G, Connolly, TA, Deslée, G, Tillis, WP, Delage, A, Marquette, C-H, Krishna, G, Kalhan, R, Ferguson, JS, Jantz, M, Maldonado, F, McKenna, R, Majid, A, Rai, N, Gay, S, Dransfield, MT, Angel, L, Maxfield, R, Herth, FJF, Wahidi, MM, Mehta, A, Slebos, D-J, and RENEW Study Research Group, . "Effect of Endobronchial Coils vs Usual Care on Exercise Tolerance in Patients With Severe Emphysema: The RENEW Randomized Clinical Trial." JAMA 315, no. 20 (May 15, 2016): 2178-2189. Full Text
- Mahmood, K, Wahidi, MM, Osann, KE, Coles, K, Shofer, SL, Volker, EE, and Davoudi, M. "Development of a Tool to Assess Basic Competency in the Performance of Rigid Bronchoscopy." Annals of the American Thoracic Society 13, no. 4 (April 2016): 502-511. Full Text
- Kraft, BD, Suliman, HB, Colman, EC, Mahmood, K, Hartwig, MG, Piantadosi, CA, and Shofer, SL. "Hypoxic Gene Expression of Donor Bronchi Linked to Airway Complications after Lung Transplantation." American journal of respiratory and critical care medicine 193, no. 5 (March 2016): 552-560. Full Text
- Rahmatullah, A, and Mahmood, K. "The Diagnostic Yield of Bronchoalveolar Lavage and Transbronchial Lung Biopsy in Pulmonary Lymphangitic Carcinomatosis." Chest 148, no. 4 (October 2015): 786A-786A. Full Text
- Ost, DE, Ernst, A, Grosu, HB, Lei, X, Diaz-Mendoza, J, Slade, M, Gildea, TR, Machuzak, MS, Jimenez, CA, Toth, J, Kovitz, KL, Ray, C, Greenhill, S, Casal, RF, Almeida, FA, Wahidi, MM, Eapen, GA, Feller-Kopman, D, Morice, RC, Benzaquen, S, Tremblay, A, Simoff, M, and AQuIRE Bronchoscopy Registry, . "Therapeutic bronchoscopy for malignant central airway obstruction: success rates and impact on dyspnea and quality of life." Chest 147, no. 5 (May 2015): 1282-1298. Full Text
- Argento, AC, Wolfe, CR, Wahidi, MM, Shofer, SL, and Mahmood, K. "Bronchomediastinal fistula caused by endobronchial aspergilloma." Annals of the American Thoracic Society 12, no. 1 (January 2015): 91-95. Full Text
- Mahmood, K, Wahidi, MM, Thomas, S, Argento, AC, Ninan, NA, Smathers, EC, and Shofer, SL. "Therapeutic bronchoscopy improves spirometry, quality of life, and survival in central airway obstruction." Respiration; international review of thoracic diseases 89, no. 5 (January 2015): 404-413. Full Text
- Mahmood, K, and Wahidi, MM. "Ablative therapies for central airway obstruction." Seminars in respiratory and critical care medicine 35, no. 6 (December 2, 2014): 681-692. (Review) Full Text
- Pathak, V, Welsby, I, Mahmood, K, Wahidi, M, MacIntyre, N, and Shofer, S. "Ventilation and anesthetic approaches for rigid bronchoscopy." Annals of the American Thoracic Society 11, no. 4 (May 2014): 628-634. (Review) Full Text
- Wahidi, MM, Hulett, C, Pastis, N, Shepherd, RW, Shofer, SL, Mahmood, K, Lee, H, Malhotra, R, Moser, B, and Silvestri, GA. "Learning experience of linear endobronchial ultrasound among pulmonary trainees." Chest 145, no. 3 (March 2014): 574-578. Full Text
- Shofer, SL, Dunphy, F, Mahmood, K, Wahidi, MM, and Yoo, D. "Endobronchial fiducial to guide stereotactic body radiotherapy." J Bronchology Interv Pulmonol 20, no. 3 (July 2013): 274-275. Full Text Link to Item
- Mahmood, K, and Wahidi, MM. "Straightening out chest tubes: what size, what type, and when." Clin Chest Med 34, no. 1 (March 2013): 63-71. (Review) Full Text Link to Item
- Mahmood, K, Koubar, S, Shofer, SL, Ninan, NA, and Wahidi, MM. "Alendronate tracheobronchitis." Ann Am Thorac Soc 10, no. 1 (February 2013): 64-66. Full Text Link to Item
- Mahmood, K, Eldeirawi, K, and Wahidi, MM. "Association of gender with outcomes in critically ill patients. (Published online)" Crit Care 16, no. 3 (May 22, 2012): R92-. Full Text Link to Item
- Bower, C, and Mahmood, K. "Re: Noninvasive repair of broken tunneled pleural catheters." Journal of Vascular and Interventional Radiology 22, no. 2 (2011): 255-256. Full Text
- Mahmood, K, and Bower, C. "Treatment of infection associated with tunneled pleural catheters." Journal of Bronchology and Interventional Pulmonology 17, no. 1 (2010): 69-72. Full Text
- Akhter, N, Sinnott, B, Mahmood, K, Rao, S, Kukreja, S, and Barengolts, E. "Effects of vitamin D insufficiency on bone mineral density in African American men." Osteoporosis International 20, no. 5 (2009): 745-750. Full Text
- Mahmood, K, Akhter, N, Eldeirawi, K, Önal, E, Christman, JW, Carley, DW, and Herdegen, JJ. "Prevalence of type 2 diabetes in patients with obstructive sleep apnea in a multi-ethnic sample." Journal of Clinical Sleep Medicine 5, no. 3 (2009): 215-221.
- Vu, K, Mahmood, K, and Subramanian, S. "Oxaliplatin-induced eosinophilic pneumonia: A case report and review of the literature." Community Oncology 6, no. 9 (2009): 422-424.
- Atia, A, Khiani, A, Kanneganti, V, Bower, C, and Mahmood, K. "Thoracic splenosis: The scar is the clue." Clinical Pulmonary Medicine 15, no. 6 (2008): 363-366. Full Text
- Sheth, N, Mahmood, K, Singh, B, Carter-Adkins, D, and Pachulski, SRT. "Audible implantable cardioverter defibrillator alarms detect intermittent conductor discontinuity." Canadian Journal of Cardiology 18, no. 4 (2002): 430-432.
- Mahmood, K, Shofer, SL, Moser, BK, Argento, AC, Smathers, EC, and Wahidi, MM. "Hemorrhagic complications of thoracentesis and small-bore chest tube placement in patients taking clopidogrel." Ann Am Thorac Soc 11, no. 1: 73-79. Full Text Link to Item
Some information on this profile has been compiled automatically from Duke databases and external sources. (Our About page explains how this works.) If you see a problem with the information, please write to Scholars@Duke and let us know. We will reply promptly.