Education, Training, & Certifications
Duke Appointment History
- Publications & Artistic Works
- Cardona, DM, Detweiler, CJ, Shealy, MJ, Sung, AD, Wild, DM, Poleski, MH, Balmadrid, BL, Cirrincione, CT, Howell, DN, and Sullivan, KM. "Use of the National Institutes of Health Consensus Guidelines Improves the Diagnostic Sensitivity of Gastrointestinal Graft-Versus-Host Disease." Archives of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine 142, no. 9 (September 2018): 1098-1105. Full Text
- Sung, AD, Hassan, S, Cardona, DM, Wild, D, Nichols, KR, Mehdikhani, H, Balmadrid, B, Detweiler, CJ, Shealy, M, Cirrincione, C, Li, Z, Poleski, M, Dalton, TE, Siamakpour-Reihani, S, Chao, NJ, and Sullivan, KM. "Late Gastrointestinal Complications of Allogeneic Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation in Adults." Biology of Blood and Marrow Transplantation : Journal of the American Society for Blood and Marrow Transplantation 24, no. 4 (April 2018): 734-740. Full Text
- Wild, D, Sung, AD, Cardona, D, Cirricione, C, Sullivan, K, Detweiler, C, Shealy, M, Balmadrid, B, Rowes, KL, Chao, N, Piryani, S, Karimabad, HM, Martin, P, and Poleski, M. "The Diagnostic Yield of Site and Symptom-Based Biopsies for Acute Gastrointestinal Graft-Versus-Host Disease: A 5-Year Retrospective Review." Digestive Diseases and Sciences 61, no. 3 (March 2016): 806-813. Full Text
- Coutré, SE, Barrientos, JC, Brown, JR, de Vos, S, Furman, RR, Keating, MJ, Li, D, O'Brien, SM, Pagel, JM, Poleski, MH, Sharman, JP, Yao, N-S, and Zelenetz, AD. "Management of adverse events associated with idelalisib treatment: expert panel opinion." Leukemia & Lymphoma 56, no. 10 (January 2015): 2779-2786. (Review) Full Text
- Shah, TU, Liddle, R, Branch, MS, Jowell, P, Obando, J, and Poleski, M. "Pilot study of aprepitant for prevention of post-ERCP pancreatitis in high risk patients: a phase II randomized, double-blind placebo controlled trial." Jop : Journal of the Pancreas 13, no. 5 (September 10, 2012): 514-518. Full Text
- Duda, DG, Willett, CG, Ancukiewicz, M, di Tomaso, E, Shah, M, Czito, BG, Bentley, R, Poleski, M, Lauwers, GY, Carroll, M, Tyler, D, Mantyh, C, Shellito, P, Clark, JW, and Jain, RK. "Plasma soluble VEGFR-1 is a potential dual biomarker of response and toxicity for bevacizumab with chemoradiation in locally advanced rectal cancer." Oncologist 15, no. 6 (2010): 577-583. Full Text Link to Item
- Faes, SK, Untch, BR, Edwards, C, Turner, J, Poleski, M, and Tyler, DS. "Management of Dieulafoy’s Lesions." (2010): 31-37. Full Text
- Willett, CG, Duda, DG, Ancukiewicz, M, Shah, M, Czito, BG, Bentley, R, Poleski, M, Fujita, H, Lauwers, GY, Carroll, M, Tyler, D, Mantyh, C, Shellito, P, Chung, DC, Clark, JW, and Jain, RK. "A safety and survival analysis of neoadjuvant bevacizumab with standard chemoradiation in a phase I/II study compared with standard chemoradiation in locally advanced rectal cancer." Oncologist 15, no. 8 (2010): 845-851. Full Text Link to Item
- Xu, L, Duda, DG, di Tomaso, E, Ancukiewicz, M, Chung, DC, Lauwers, GY, Samuel, R, Shellito, P, Czito, BG, Lin, P-C, Poleski, M, Bentley, R, Clark, JW, Willett, CG, and Jain, RK. "Direct evidence that bevacizumab, an anti-VEGF antibody, up-regulates SDF1alpha, CXCR4, CXCL6, and neuropilin 1 in tumors from patients with rectal cancer." Cancer Res 69, no. 20 (October 15, 2009): 7905-7910. Full Text Link to Item
- Willett, CG, Duda, DG, di Tomaso, E, Boucher, Y, Ancukiewicz, M, Sahani, DV, Lahdenranta, J, Chung, DC, Fischman, AJ, Lauwers, GY, Shellito, P, Czito, BG, Wong, TZ, Paulson, E, Poleski, M, Vujaskovic, Z, Bentley, R, Chen, HX, Clark, JW, and Jain, RK. "Efficacy, safety, and biomarkers of neoadjuvant bevacizumab, radiation therapy, and fluorouracil in rectal cancer: a multidisciplinary phase II study." J Clin Oncol 27, no. 18 (June 20, 2009): 3020-3026. Full Text Link to Item
- Hampton, DD, Poleski, MH, and Onken, JE. "Inflammatory bowel disease following solid organ transplantation." Clin Immunol 128, no. 3 (September 2008): 287-293. Full Text Link to Item
- Canlas, KR, Dobozi, BM, Lin, S, Smith, AD, Rockey, DC, Muir, AJ, Agrawal, NM, Poleski, MH, Patel, K, and McHutchison, JG. "Using capsule endoscopy to identify GI tract lesions in cirrhotic patients with portal hypertension and chronic anemia." J Clin Gastroenterol 42, no. 7 (August 2008): 844-848. Full Text Link to Item
- Willett, CG, Duda, DG, di Tomaso, E, Boucher, Y, Czito, BG, Vujaskovic, Z, Vlahovic, G, Bendell, J, Cohen, KS, Hurwitz, HI, Bentley, R, Lauwers, GY, Poleski, M, Wong, TZ, Paulson, E, Ludwig, KA, and Jain, RK. "Complete pathological response to bevacizumab and chemoradiation in advanced rectal cancer." Nat Clin Pract Oncol 4, no. 5 (May 2007): 316-321. Full Text Link to Item
- Sutherland, LR, Martin, F, Bailey, RJ, Fedorak, RN, Poleski, M, Dallaire, C, Rossman, R, Saibil, F, and Lariviere, L. "A randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind trial of mesalamine in the maintenance of remission of Crohn's disease. The Canadian Mesalamine for Remission of Crohn's Disease Study Group." Gastroenterology 112, no. 4 (April 1997): 1069-1077. Full Text
- Sigman, HH, Poleski, MH, and Gillich, A. "Effects of pirenzepine on acute mucosal erosions, gastric acid and mucosal blood flow in the spinal rat stomach." Digestion 49, no. 4 (1991): 185-191. Full Text Link to Item
- Poleski, MH, and Gordon, PH. "Screening for carcinoma of the colon: Pitfalls of the Hemoccult® test." Problems in General Surgery 4, no. 1 (January 1, 1987): 1-10.
- Poleski, MH, and Gordon, PH. "Sensitivity of the Hemoccult II slide test in detecting colonic neoplasms." Canadian Journal of Surgery. Journal Canadien De Chirurgie 29, no. 2 (March 1986): 99-101.
- Poleski, MH, and Spanier, AH. "Cimetidine versus antacids in the prevention of stress erosions in critically ill patients." Am J Gastroenterol 81, no. 2 (February 1986): 107-111. Link to Item
- Poleski, MH. "Acid neutralization capacity of Canadian antacid formulations." Can Med Assoc J 133, no. 3 (August 1, 1985): 181-. (Letter) Link to Item
- Schipper, HM, and Poleski, MH. "Abdominal pain and weight loss in a patient with well controlled diabetes." Can Med Assoc J 133, no. 1 (July 1, 1985): 38-39. Link to Item
- Fogel, RP, Davidman, M, Poleski, MH, and Spanier, AH. "Carbon tetrachloride poisoning treated with hemodialysis and total parenteral nutrition." Can Med Assoc J 128, no. 5 (March 1, 1983): 560-561. Link to Item
- Poleski, MH. "Cimetidine and gastric carcinoma." Annals of Internal Medicine 98, no. 5 (1983): 673--.
- Poleski, MH. "Kaposi's sarcoma and hepatitis B vaccine." Ann Intern Med 97, no. 5 (November 1982): 786-787. (Letter) Link to Item
- Poleski, MH, and Spanier, AH. "Endoscopic evaluation of cimetidine versus mylanta in prophylaxis of stress ulcerations." Gastroenterology 82, no. 5 II (January 1, 1982): 1151-null.
- Poleski, MH, Reichlin, B, Chait, MM, and Winawer, S. "Prevention of stress ulcers in rats by cimetidine and pentagastrin." Gastroenterology 78, no. 5 II (January 1, 1980): 1238-null.
- Fitzgerald, PJ, Fortner, JG, Watson, RC, Schwartz, MK, Sherlock, P, Benua, RS, Cubilla, AL, Schottenfeld, D, Miller, D, Winawer, SJ, Lightdale, CJ, Leidner, SD, Nisselbaum, JS, Menendez-Botet, CJ, and Poleski, MH. "The value of diagnostic aids in detecting pancreas cancer." Cancer 41, no. 3 (March 1978): 868-879. Full Text
- POLESKI, MH, and WINAWER, SJ. "ABDOMINAL-MASS IN AN ELDERLY WOMAN." NEW ENGLAND JOURNAL OF MEDICINE 299, no. 12 (1978): 664-665. Link to Item
Some information on this profile has been compiled automatically from Duke databases and external sources. (Our About page explains how this works.) If you see a problem with the information, please write to Scholars@Duke and let us know. We will reply promptly.