Education, Training, & Certifications
- D.N.P., Duquesne University 2015
- Adaptive BLS Training: Optimizing Individual BLS Maintenance of Competence Training awarded by National League for Nursing 2014 - 2018
- A Woman's Health Nurse Practitioner (WHNP) program at Duke University School of Nursing awarded by Health Resources and Service Administration 2014 - 2018
- Advanced Nursing Education Program awarded by Health Resources and Service Administration 2013 - 2017
- Orthopedic Adult Nurse Practitioner Specialty awarded by Health Resources and Service Administration 2011 - 2014
- Innovation in Nursing Education and Technology awarded by Health Resources and Service Administration 2009 - 2013
- Creating a National Model for Nurse Educator Preparation at the Master's Level awarded by Health Resources and Service Administration 2009 - 2012
- HRSA NEPR awarded by Health Resources and Service Administration 2009 - 2012
- Duke University Nursing Education Program awarded by Health Resources and Service Administration 2008 - 2011
- Simulations and Partners Across Communities for Registered Nurse Education (SIM-PAC-RN) awarded by Health Resources and Service Administration 2007 - 2011
- Publications & Artistic Works
- Lister, M, Vaughn, J, Brennan-Cook, J, Molloy, M, Kuszajewski, M, & Shaw, RJ. (2017, October 28). Telehealth and telenursing using simulation for pre-licensure USA students. Nurse education in practice , 29 , 59-63. Full Text
- Cantey, DS, Randolph, SD, Molloy, MA, Carter, B, & Cary, MP. (2017, April). Student-Developed Simulations: Enhancing Cultural Awareness and Understanding Social Determinants of Health. The Journal of nursing education , 56 (4), 243-246. Full Text
- Clay, AS, Chudgar, SM, Turner, KM, Vaughn, J, Knudsen, NW, Farnan, JM, Arora, VM, & Molloy, MA. (2017, April). How Prepared Are Medical and Nursing Students to Identify Common Hazards in the Intensive Care Unit?. Annals of the American Thoracic Society , 14 (4), 543-549. Full Text
- Rudolph, A, Vaughn, J, Crego, N, Hueckel, R, Kuszajewski, M, Molloy, M, Brisson, R, & Shaw, RJ. (2017, March). Integrating Telepresence Robots Into Nursing Simulation. Nurse educator , 42 (2), E1-E4. Full Text
- Carman, MJ, Sloane, R, Molloy, M, Flint, E, & Phillips, B. (2016, August). Implementation of a Learning Bundle to Promote End-of-Life Education for Prelicensure Nursing Students. Journal of Hospice & Palliative Nursing , 18 (4), 356-363. Full Text
- Chaballout, B, Molloy, M, Vaughn, J, Brisson Iii, R, & Shaw, R. (2016, March 7). Feasibility of Augmented Reality in Clinical Simulations: Using Google Glass With Manikins. JMIR medical education , 2 (1), e2-.
- Molloy, M, Shaw, RJ, Vaughn, J, & Hueckel, R. (2016, January). An Innovative Use of Telepresence Robots for Educating Healthcare Professional. Studies in health technology and informatics , 225 , 989-990.
- Molloy, MA, Sabol, VK, Silva, SG, & Guimond, ME. (2016, January). Using Trigger Films as a Bariatric Sensitivity Intervention: Improving Nursing Students' Attitudes and Beliefs About Caring for Obese Patients. Nurse educator , 41 (1), 19-24. Full Text
- Vaughn, J, Shaw, RJ, & Molloy, MA. (2015, November 23). A Telehealth Case Study: The Use of Telepresence Robot for Delivering Integrated Clinical Care. Journal of the American Psychiatric Nurses Association , 21 (6), 431-432. Full Text
- Stevenson, E, Chudgar, SM, Turner, K, Molloy, M, Phillips, B, Engle, DL, & Clay, AS. (2015, October 28). How We Engage Graduating Professional Students in Interprofessional Patient Safety. Nursing forum .
- Sabol, VK, & Molloy, MA. (2015, September). Aging and obesity: general assessment and management considerations. Geriatric nursing (New York, N.Y.) , 36 (5), 407-409. Full Text
- Bush, PA, Hueckel, RM, Robinson, D, Seelinger, TA, & Molloy, MA. (2015, July). Cultivating a Culture of Medication Safety in Prelicensure Nursing Students. Nurse educator , 40 (4), 169-173. Full Text
- Oermann, MH, Molloy, MA, & Vaughn, J. (2015, April). Use of deliberate practice in teaching in nursing. Nurse education today , 35 (4), 535-536. Full Text
- Oermann, MH, Molloy, MA, & Vaughn, J. (2015, January 1). Use of deliberate practice in teaching in nursing. Nurse Education Today , 35 (4), 535-536. Full Text
- Davis, LL, Chestnutt, D, Molloy, M, Deshefy-Longhi, T, Shim, B, & Gilliss, CL. (2014, November). Adapters, strugglers, and case managers: a typology of spouse caregivers. Qualitative health research , 24 (11), 1492-1500. Full Text
- Van Houtven, CH, Thorpe, JM, Chestnutt, D, Molloy, M, Boling, JC, & Davis, LL. (2013, February). Do nurse-led skill training interventions affect informal caregivers' out-of-pocket expenditures?. The Gerontologist , 53 (1), 60-70. Full Text
- Davis, LL, Gilliss, CL, Deshefy-Longhi, T, Chestnutt, DH, & Molloy, M. (2011, May). The nature and scope of stressful spousal caregiving relationships. Journal of family nursing , 17 (2), 224-240. Full Text
- Teaching & Mentoring
Some information on this profile has been compiled automatically from Duke databases and external sources. (Our About page explains how this works.) If you see a problem with the information, please write to Scholars@Duke and let us know. We will reply promptly.