Shelley Anne Holmer
Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Dr. Holmer earned her medical degree at the University of Tennessee, College of Medicine and then went on to the Harvard Longwood Psychiatry Residency Training Program. She has had further training in both psychodynamic and dialectical behavioral therapies. For the last nine years, Dr. Holmer has been on faculty at Duke. Her clinical work is in both inpatient and outpatient settings and spans biological and psychological treatments. Dr. Holmer is the Director of Undergraduate Medical Education for the Department of Psychiatry and Medical Director of the Psychiatric Inpatient Unit for Duke University Hospital. On the wards and in the clinic, she is an active teacher and supervisor for psychiatry residents, medical students, physician assistant students, and social work interns.
Current Appointments & Affiliations
- Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences, Adult Psychiatry & Psychology, Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences 2021
- Co-Division Director of Adult Psychiatry and Psychology, Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences, Clinical Science Departments 2020
- Box 3369 Med Ctr., Durham, NC 27710
- Room 3051 Yellow Zone, Duke So, Durham, NC 27710
- email@example.com (919) 668-0869
Some information on this profile has been compiled automatically from Duke databases and external sources. (Our About page explains how this works.) If you see a problem with the information, please write to Scholars@Duke and let us know. We will reply promptly.