Education, Training, & Certifications
Duke Appointment History
- Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences, Geriatric Behavioral Health, Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences 2008 - 2013
- Consulting Associate in the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences, Geriatric Behavioral Health, Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences 1999 - 2008
- Duke Geriatric Workforce Enhancement Program (GWEP) awarded by Health Resources and Service Administration 2015 - 2019
- Acute and Continuation Treatment in Late Life Mania awarded by National Institutes of Health 2005 - 2011
- NIH State-of-the-Science Conference on Preventing Alzheimer's Disease and Cognitive Decline awarded by Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality 2008 - 2010
- Publications & Artistic Works
- Holsinger, T, Plassman, BL, Stechuchak, KM, Burke, JR, Coffman, CJ, and Williams, JW. "Stability of Diagnoses of Cognitive Impairment, Not Dementia in a Veterans Affairs Primary Care Population." Journal of the American Geriatrics Society 63, no. 6 (June 2015): 1105-1111. Full Text
- Holsinger, T, Plassman, BL, Stechuchak, KM, Burke, JR, Coffman, CJ, and Williams, JW. "Screening for cognitive impairment: comparing the performance of four instruments in primary care." J Am Geriatr Soc 60, no. 6 (June 2012): 1027-1036. Full Text Link to Item
- Holsinger, T, Plassman, BL, and Stechuchak, KM. "The Mini-Cog had sensitivity similar to the longer 3MS for detecting cognitive impairment or dementia." Annals of Internal Medicine 157, no. 8 (2012): JC4-JC8.
- Gharacholou, SM, Reid, KJ, Arnold, SV, Spertus, J, Rich, MW, Pellikka, PA, Singh, M, Holsinger, T, Krumholz, HM, Peterson, ED, and Alexander, KP. "Cognitive impairment and outcomes in older adult survivors of acute myocardial infarction: findings from the translational research investigating underlying disparities in acute myocardial infarction patients' health status registry." American Heart Journal 162, no. 5 (November 2011): 860-869.e1. Full Text
- Holsinger, T, Boustani, M, Abbot, D, and Williams, JW. "Acceptability of dementia screening in primary care patients." International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry 26, no. 4 (April 2011): 373-379. Full Text
- Plassman, BL, Williams, JW, Burke, JR, Holsinger, T, and Benjamin, S. "Systematic review: factors associated with risk for and possible prevention of cognitive decline in later life." Annals of Internal Medicine 153, no. 3 (August 2010): 182-193. (Review) Full Text
- Holsinger, T, Deveau, J, Boustani, M, and Williams, JW. "Does this patient have dementia?." Jama 297, no. 21 (June 2007): 2391-2404. (Review) Full Text
- Williams, JW, Gerrity, M, Holsinger, T, Dobscha, S, Gaynes, B, and Dietrich, A. "Systematic review of multifaceted interventions to improve depression care." General Hospital Psychiatry 29, no. 2 (March 2007): 91-116. (Review) Full Text
- Goforth, HW, and Holsinger, T. "Response to effect of the first ECT in a series by C. Kellner, MD ." Journal of ECT 23, no. 3 (2007): 209--. Full Text
- Goforth, HW, and Holsinger, T. "Rapid relief of severe major depressive disorder by use of preoperative ketamine and electroconvulsive therapy." Journal of ECT 23, no. 1 (2007): 23-25. Full Text
- Holsinger, T, Helms, M, and Plassman, B. "Intelligence in early adulthood and life span up to 65 years later in male elderly twins." Age and Ageing 36, no. 3 (2007): 286-291. Full Text
- Holsinger, T, and Jr, JWW. "Screening for dementia in primary care." Journal of Clinical Outcomes Management 14, no. 9 (2007): 515-523.
- Williams, JW, and Holsinger, T. "St John's for depression, worts and all." The Bmj 330, no. 7500 (May 2005): E350-E351. Full Text
- Holsinger, T, Steffens, DC, Phillips, C, Helms, MJ, Havlik, RJ, Breitner, JCS, Guralnik, JM, and Plassman, BL. "Head injury in early adulthood and the lifetime risk of depression." Archives of General Psychiatry 59, no. 1 (January 2002): 17-22. Full Text
- Krystal, AD, Holsinger, T, Weiner, RD, and Coffey, CE. "Prediction of the utility of a switch from unilateral to bilateral ECT in the elderly using treatment 2 ictal EEG indices." The Journal of Ect 16, no. 4 (December 2000): 327-337. Full Text
- Capehart, BP, and Holsinger, T. "Olanzapine on trial." The American Journal of Psychiatry 155, no. 1 (January 1998): 152-null. (Letter) Full Text
- Krystal, AD, Coffey, CE, Weiner, RD, and Holsinger, T. "Changes in seizure threshold over the course of electroconvulsive therapy affect therapeutic response and are detected by ictal EEG ratings." The Journal of Neuropsychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences 10, no. 2 (January 1998): 178-186. Full Text
- Krystal, AD, Weiner, RD, Gassert, D, McCall, WV, Coffey, CE, Sibert, T, and Holsinger, T. "The relative ability of three ictal EEG frequency bands to differentiate ECT seizures on the basis of electrode placement, stimulus intensity, and therapeutic response." Convulsive Therapy 12, no. 1 (March 1996): 13-24.
- Koenig, HG, Pappas, P, Holsinger, T, and Bachar, JR. "Assessing diagnostic approaches to depression in medically ill older adults: how reliably can mental health professionals make judgments about the cause of symptoms?." J Am Geriatr Soc 43, no. 5 (May 1995): 472-478. Link to Item
- Teaching & Mentoring
Some information on this profile has been compiled automatically from Duke databases and external sources. (Our About page explains how this works.) If you see a problem with the information, please write to Scholars@Duke and let us know. We will reply promptly.